Benefits of referring a patient to a Churchill Specialist
You can be assured that by referring your patient to a Churchill specialist that they will receive the very best of treatment and care:
- At Churchill Private Hospital we work with both resident and visiting credentialed Medical Associates, covering a broad range of surgical and medical specialist. Find out more about our specialists and services here
- At Churchill Private Hospital your patients can be assured of the highest standards of care. Over 98% of patients surveyed rate our service as ‘Excellent’ or ‘Very Good.
- Your patient’s will benefit from being close to friends and family, avoiding the need for travel, additional expense and anxiety
- Based on the Wairau Hospital campus, Churchill has access to ICU and HDU should the need arise. We are also able to pre-book patients to HDU on a case by case basis.
- Churchill Private Hospital holds a Clinical Services Contract (for consultations) and an Elective Surgical Services Contract for non-acute ACC injuries.
- Churchill accepts patients who are able to self-fund, or those who hold Medical Insurance or are approved by ACC. We do recommend the patient seeks prior approval from their Medical Insurance Provider prior to their operation date.
- Marlborough Medical Imaging provide onsite x-ray and ultrasound services, with private MRI services also available on campus.
- Churchill Private Hospital has certification under the Health and Disability Sector (Safety) Act for a full three-year period, as well as holding EquIP5 certification.
- Churchill Private Hospital is a Charitable Trust with profits being reinvested into the provision of healthcare or the promotion of health and wellness within the Marlborough Region.
To refer your patient to Churchill Private Hospital
All referrals should include your patients name, date of birth, NHI number, ACC claim number (if appropriate) and details of the reason for the referral.
You may send your referral in a number of ways:
- Electronically via the Electronic Referral Management System (ERMS)
- Electronically via Healthlink to our EDI: marlorth
- By fax to 03 520 9943
- By email to email@example.com
If you have any queries regarding a referral please call our Specialist Centre Manager on 03 520 9960.